The Wayne Wells Memorial Scholarship is intended to assist Aboriginal students including Métis and Inuit students in Alberta pursue full-time post-secondary education in the finance and/or management field and for part-time students working towards a professional designation and working full-time. Two applicants who meet all the requirements will be awarded a $1,000.00 scholarship. There is only one award per individual per eligible program.
- · Must be enrolled in a finance or management full-time program at a post-secondary institution or;
- · Must be enrolled in part-time studies working towards a professional accounting designation (including CA, CMA, CGA and CAFM) and
- · employed;
- · Must be Aboriginal (Status, Non-Status, Inuit or Métis);
- · Must be a resident of Alberta for three years;
- · Must provide two letters of support (Aboriginal & Academic);
- · Must write a 250 word essay detailing your finance and management career goals.
Deadline for Applications - September 30, 2012
Notification of Results - October 2012
For more information, please contact the
Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of Alberta at (403) 734-5441 or (403) 734-5446 or Randa.Wright@afoaab.com.